The Irongate School Team will provide the conditions for
Statements of Intent: The Vision in Action
- Whānau are leaders of learning empowered to wānanga
- Learning is visible for all whānau.
- Learning is accessible for all whānau.
- Learning happens anytime, anywhere with anyone
An Irongate School Student when they leave our school after 8 years of schooling will:
• Have a sense of identity, pride and belonging in knowing who they are and where they are from.
• Be reflective
• Be a problem Solver
• Be Willing to take risks.
• Be happy and Confident
• Be independent with Life Skills
• Be Kind, Caring and Loving
• have academic success to the best of their abilities
• Have effective communication skills
• Have empathy – being able to empathise
• Be resilient
• Be happy and engaged, have joy and humour in their life journey
• Be a community focussed person
• Be a leader
• Be grounded, humble and thankful
• Have a sense of purpose
• Be humble
Māori achieving as Māori, Pasifika achieving as Pasifika, and Pākehā achieving as Pākehā with an understanding of te Āo Māori & Pasifika